The pattern mentions to use duplicate stitch to embroider the bird on the back once the sweater is finished but I ended up adding it using intarsia (closer view) . Every time that I’ve attempted to use duplicate stitch the background yarn usually shows through too much, so unlike many knitters, I actually prefer to do intarsia.
I also joined the shoulder seems using the three needle bind-off even though the pattern says to use kitchener stitch. I figured that a bound off seam would be more stable.
Knitting this part has been so enjoyable that I kept on going and added the collar. Now I’ve run out of the honey colored yarn I’ll be spinning this week, unless of course, work doesn’t preempt my plans.