Pattern: Latvian Mittens by Lizbeth Upitis (graph 53)
Yarn: Satakieli from Wooly West
Needle: 2mm (two circular needles)
The second mitten is much easier then the first now that I’ve got the tension figured out. I started out picking up each color with the same hand but that made the mitten too large. Once I got to the main design I switched to the two handed approach with one color in each hand. This seems to produce a little tighter gauge and helps the project knit up faster.
I started sewing the side and underarm seams on the Phildar cardigan but got stuck. It’s a about an inch or two bigger than I would have liked. I’m trying to think of what I can do to make it smaller. I’ll start with making the seam allowance a little bigger and see how that works.