Although Toby does not have front claws, he sure knows how to dig his back claws into any knitted piece that happens to be lying within his reach. Other then this little annoying habit, he tends to respect the fact that my knitting tools and yarn are not his toys.
This piece was suppose to be the back to the Gilet Lace sweater but after I spread it out using blocking wires and shooed the cat away, I realized it turned out too big. I tried incorporating a small deviated from the pattern by replacing two repeats of the lace pattern on the center back with stockinette stitch. Well my calculations for this change were wrong so I’ve ripped out a week’s worth of work and started again with more accurate calculations. I also plan to monitor the width as I knit so I don’t make the same mistake again.