I’m trying not to feel too overwhelmed.
Two more class sessions = tons more homework.
Full of enthusiasm, I picked up the round neck pullover on Monday evening.
Once again this darn panda cotton made a relatively simple task turn into an ordeal. Its tiny plies easily unravel and then mysteriously squish together further down the piece of yarn I used to crochet the sleeve to the body. Yes, I should have used a different yarn for seaming but, heck, I want to use up the left overs.
Speaking of left overs. I have seven more skeins of this panda cotton!
I’m a bit puzzled as to how this happened. I expected one or two extra skeins, but seven? I used The Knitter’s Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements when buying the yarn so, either I inadvertently looked at the wrong figure in the pamphlet or their estimates are much too generous. Whether or not I made a mistake, I still think their charts are very generous. I do recall having two extra skeins left over after finishing my raglan.
After Monday the homework pace slowed down.
I did manage to sort through my notes and gather all my calculations on the raglan sweater so that I can start working on my “design notes” booklet. This is a thin paper notebook that was provided on the first day of class and will be used to jot down the final details of each project. Now that we’ve finished a couple of garments, Jean has asked us to turn in our first two projects along with our design notes. I’ll post a picture of this “design notes” notebook when I get the first entry finished.
Although I had more company this weekend I managed to get one of the sleeve caps of the v-neck sweater done. I know it looks odd but keep in mind that it’s not blocked yet.