Saturday we went hunting for chanterelle mushrooms but could only find four. While the mushroom hunt wasn’t productive, my knitting was. I finished the sleeves and the collar ribbing for the striped cardigan. If my translation is correct, the pattern says to iron the collar before sewing it on to the sweater. I guess this might keep the stitches from unraveling but it could also melt this yarn. I started to iron the knit stitches and quickly remembered that the orange yarn is made of 50% acrylic. Luckily, I didn’t end up melting it.
The next step is to assemble the pieces by sewing on the sleeves and side seams, weaving in all the ends and then attaching the collar.
The next project will be a Christmas stocking for my mother-in-law. The pattern will be based on the lighthouse socks by Sweaterscapes but will tweak the pattern a bit. The lighthouse and landscape will be more like the one on the lighthouse sweater.