So this is what it looks like spun into a 2 ply. I’m pleasantly surprised at how nice this fiber mix is. The plied yarn looks a bit stiff when if first comes off the wheel but once it’s washed it becomes soft and silky.
After spinning three bobbins of spinning singles, it became much easier to handle and to anticipate how fast the fiber supply slips through my fingers. Now that I’ve got the rhythm down, It’s hard to stop and do any knitting. At this point I have three finished skeins and have three more to finish.
While spinning this fiber, I decided to start weighing my fiber before I spin it. I figured that this would hopefully help in getting the same amount of fiber on each bobbin and thus eliminating left over singles on one bobbin. Each of my bobbins seems to accommodate about 2 ounces of singles that can later be plied onto one bobbin. For the most part this method works, although results do vary depending on how many self-plying samples I take while spinning singles.